Thursday, October 30, 2008

No pumpkins for me...




JP doesn't like carving pumpkins. Finds it too messy and doesn't enjoy it at all. Last year some people we know hosted a pumpkin carving contest. My team was totally robbed of the title, but other than that it was fun to finally carve one again.

this year there are no parties everyone is either pregnant or has a new baby. So we're going out to dinner with some friends and I probably won't get to pass out the candy we bought. I'll have to put it out in a bowl on the porch.

Yesterday JP came home and pulled out all the candy and a bunch of bowls and wanted to know when the Trick or Treaters would come. I just raised an eyebrow as if to say, "and what potent form of ganja have you been injesting today?!"

Told him they won't come until Friday. And he responds, "Even if we turn on the porch light now?"

"This ain't Field of Dreams... Friday is candy day."

I think he wanted to sneak some candy, so this morning I told him just to open one up if he wanted a treat. I'm not a believer in denying yourself something 24/7 while on a diet. A diet is a life style change so you have to learn to enjoy a piece of candy... or forgive yourself a splurge, etc.

Bunches to do today... and I've very sore. My Jillian Michael Wii game arrived and I gave it a go last night. Sad to say I'm not impressed. The explanations aren't the greatest at all. Wii Fit explains movements better than this does. I did half of what's available, so later I'll check out the other half of it. I think I did something that makes my lower back unhappy today so I'm resting. Might just do a light Pilates workout today or just some light yoga (as that's all I can do with my unbendy self.)

1 comment:

Margie said...

If you turn on the light they will come. Oh poor Jim is so misguided some times. He makes me laugh!