Got back to the house about an hour ago. Just washing a single load of laundry and I finished watching an episode of Supernatural. Got a bunch to catch up on with tivo!
Had a great time. We got there on Thursday afternoon. Sadly I forgot my camera, but Olga took lots of pictures. I'm hoping she'll let me load them up to Snapfish so I can get the picture of me with Elivs.
Thursday we just wandered around most New York, New York. Got some dinner and a bevie at the Nine Irishman. I'd say by midnight we were in bed knowing we had to be in a cab to the outlet by 10 to avoid the crowds.
We both had the idea of getting stuff for the guys for Christmas so we stopped at Timberland where the sales guy started telling us all about how bad things are in Vegas with the economy. Really sad.
I got JP three t-shirts. One to give him now and the others I've hidden. I also found him a nice dress Quicksilver shirt which is also hidden. I got him a small stocking stuffer gift of personalized cards. they say Jim's Casino.
For myself, OMG... I got SUCH a deal on a Kate Spade bag it was so awesome! Great deals like that never fall into my lap so I had to get it. I also got myself a Roxy backpack so I could take back the new stuff. OH yeah I found a wristlet from CK that was super reduced as well. Go me!
Friday night we went to a nice steak dinner at Brand and then to see KA at the MGM Grand. I find that casino skanky to put it nicely. But the show was awesome. loved it! They had this huge stage that would raise and rotate 360 degress and it was just massive. I wonder if I can find the music for it... should have bought the CD.
Saturday we just wandered the casinos of Caesar's Palace, Paris, and The Venitian. We also celebrated with gelato... yummy!
Saturday night was the impersonator show, Legends in Concert. They had Jay Leno as the host, and then Donna Summers, Justin Timberlake, Ann-Margaret, Madonna, and Elivs. They were amazing. They're all supposed to be the top impersonators and it was freaky how much they look and sounded like the real thing.
We had a late dinner and then we were back packing by 11:30. Our return flight was at 11:10 to avoid the worst of the exodus rush. Glad to be back in the humidity because I woke up with a nose bleed from the dry air. ugh!
So yeah we were both punchy the last day but nothing really bad happened the entire trip. It was all good. Well... Olga did get plowed into by this woman who was barely 4 ft tall... at first we were so shocked we couldn't speak but then we fell out laughing because the woman was sooooo tiny. I'm sure the cosmos helped too.
Well, I am off to take care of the litter box and then take out the trash. JP won't get back from Atlantic City for another couple of hours.
okay... Smudge just took out a dinning room chair... I better check on her.
No comments:
Post a Comment