Thursday, September 18, 2008

Still the same...

Flashing traffic lights...

One thing though, the tollways are still free. Not sure if that's due to damage or to make moving around easier. But that is a huge part of why the people are so agressive on my way in. There's just so many more. They don't call it the "Lexus Lanes," for nothing. It ain't cheap to take into town.

And for once, a non-hurrican related tidbit...

Last Wednesday JP came home with a Wii Fit thanks to his connection at HEB. Strange little games like hula hoop and dodging soccor balls. I'm not sure how good a workout you can get from it so I'm not planning on stopping my Jillian Michael's workout, but I might use more of the yoga stuff for just stretching.

Hula hoop is fun though.

Have to keep reminding myself that today is actually Thursday... and my trip to Vega with Olga is much much closer than I'm realizing. I don't think I'm going to buy any new clothes for it. I bought plenty for Fiji, I can throw something together from that.

I would like to get a new light coat and LL Bean has barncoats for only $50. I do believe I will pick one up in the coming weeks.

2 comments:

Margie said...

What is your Jillian Michaels tape called? I might look into that one.

Hollye said...

Okay...I found your blog through your sisters. We have Wii Fit nad we love it. You think the games are easy, but they will kick your ass. The hula hoop is easy in the beginning and then it gets harder. The yoga...you will feel EVERY bit of it. It's a good work out and it's fun to play. My friend ws telling me about the JM workout on-demand. I think I am going ot have to look into that. I've lost 50 pounds, but have about 50 more to go. Glad to hear that you guys didn't have any damage. I don't know if Margie mentioned it, but my parent's house was destroyed by a couple of huge oak trees. And what wasn't crushed, was ruined by all the rain. I miss Texas, but I use don't miss hurricane season!