Well I have picked up three more Christmas presents, My aunt, Olga and a family friend Ladis. Easy enough to find what I wanted for each except that for two of them they involved the department store.
I found what I wanted for my aunt but she was there so this afternoon I went back to the department store after church to pick it up before they were out of the necklace.
See whenever I go to a department store by myself I seem to get shuffled from one check out location to another. No one wants to take my money. Never fails. There is one person infront of me and the sales person will look at me and tell me to over over to the other register or even once it was a whole different department.
Today I went to the other box and then the sales person totally skipped me like I wasn't there! I guess I wasn't next even though I was there before the person who got served. So I went back to the jewlery counter I was at originally.
There were two ladies working and one had a customer and the other had finished. She one who didn't have a customer saw that I was only holding costume jewlery and told me again that I should go to the register at the exit.
At this point I was really annoyed and told her that I had gotten passed over at the other counter and all I wanted to do was pay and leave. Thinking to myself "what's the deal you evil department stores!"
She was rude and I don't think I'll go back to that jewlery counter for a while if ever again. She grudingly rung me up. Yes my measely $35 purchase just wasn't good enough for her. Then she should get a job at Tiffany's counter not JC Penny's.
Annoyed, yes. But I got the gift that I know my Aunt will really like. Pinche department store... loath going to them and really only do at the holidays.
Last night we went to see Burn After Reading. Funny in the way all Coen Brother comedies are... will improve upon repeated viewing too. Brad Pitt was hilarious as Chad. My fav comedy is still Raising Arizona, "Son, you have a panty on your head." and Big Lebowski.
So I think we're going to a small BBQ today. Not sure yet. JP wasn't sure this morning, oh shoot I haven't told him about Ian Rankin... anyway, it'll be at tony's which is usually good food and typically good company. I think his mother is visiting and she is sweet on JP. Loves his Edinburgh accent which cracks me up.
Busy week coming up and the fact that it's shortened a bit doesn't help. Here's hoping they'll reassign the work load this week.
Well, I just purchased Olga's christmas gift... those that are left I have very little idea of what to get. I'd like to get JP's last 'cause it's always more than one and he does have a way of totally busting my budget.
Okay... off to take a quick shower for this BBQ. I think I have a clean pair of capri pants somewhere. lazy me has not done any laundry this weekend. D'oh!!!!
1 comment:
I too hate shopping in stores now. There are a few stores I won't go into at all. I order most of K's clothes on line, but I honestly don't mind going into Gymboree. But, if I can order it on line and NOT have to deal with people in the store, I'll do that. I've got MAJOR issues with a witch that works at Hobby Lobby. She has treated me pretty crappy the last two times I've been in there. If I see she is working, I will go to another line, even if it is twice as long. Don't care. She needs an attitude adjustment...seriously.
Post a Comment